2016 Holiday Open House
ECU hosted a Holiday
Open House on December 22, 2016 to welcome in the holiday season. The
members and community enjoyed refreshments, free giveaways and pictures with
Mrs. Claus and other characters.
(photo: Lyndell Burrell - Age 9 - Parlin School, with Barbara Frazier CEO)
(photo: ECU Staff selfie)
(photo: ECU Member)
MASSACHUSETTS CREDIT UNIONS
2017 Credit Union College Scholarship Program
Everett Credit Union (ECU) will be participating in the Massachusetts Cooperative Credit Union Association’s (MCCUA) 2017 College Scholarship Program, and will submit its top three entries to the MCCUA for judging. Six (6) $1,500 scholarships will be awarded.
· Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2017-2018 academic year.
· Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member in good standing at ECU.
· Each applicant must complete/provide:
✓ scholarship application form – Click Here
✓ academic transcripts of grades
✓ type written essay, in 250 words or fewer, addressing “a person or event that has been an inspiration to you and how it has affected you and your outlook on life.”
Entries must be postmarked/submitted to Everett Credit Union no later than Saturday, February 25, 2017.
Send entries to:
Everett Credit Union
Attn: Marketing Dept. /MCCUA College Scholarship
Everett, MA 02149
2016 City of Everett and the Everett Chamber of Commerce Annual Tree Lighting
ECU employees participated in the 2016 City of Everett and the Everett Chamber of Commerce Annual Tree Lighting. Walking by Santa’s side distributing candy canes to the community while the City of Everett ushered in the holiday season.
Everett Credit Union Announces 2017 Student Essay Contest
Grand Prize $500 Savings Bond
The Everett Credit Union (ECU) along with the Cooperative Credit Union Association, Inc. announced the 2017 Student Essay Contest for seventh and eighth graders. The theme of this year’s contest is “People Helping People”. Eight (8) winning essays will be chosen: first prize winner and seven (7) finalists. The grand prizewinner will receive a $500 U.S. Savings Bonds, seven finalists will each receive a $250 U.S. Savings Bond. An awards ceremony at the State House will be scheduled in the spring to honor the contest winners.
This year’s contest asks students to write an essay that answers the following question in 250 words or less: Save, Spend, Share and Learn. What could you teach an adult to form better savings and spending habits? Please provide practical advice to adopt sound plans and to avoid poor behavior.”
The rules of this essay contest are as follows:
- Only students currently in the seventh or eighth grade are eligible;
- Students must be Massachusetts’ residents, and schools must be located in Massachusetts;
- Essay must be hand written by student and should be no more than 250 words in length;
- Only one essay per student;
- Each essay must include the student’s name, grade level, home address, school name, teacher’s name, principal’s name, and the name of Everett Credit Union. ECU is the sponsoring credit union;
- Essays will be judged on the following criteria: Originality, Content, Neatness, and Grammar/Spelling.
Please stop by the Everett Credit Union at 650 Broadway, or download the Essay Form here. All essays must be submitted by the deadline of: January 11, 2017 to the following address: Everett Credit Union, 650 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149 Attention: Student Essay Contest